Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Have A Disease And I Am Going To Die

The cool thing about that title is that the two statements are unrelated. One is a comment on my current health and the other is an inevitability. Hahahahaha. Aren't I clever.

So yeah, I'm pretty sick. Some sort of awesome headache-fever thing that I probably got from a bio-mechanical drillworm from the future sent back in time to stop me from painting the picture that eventually enslaves all mankind. Either that or from the guy who sits across from me at work who doesn't cover his mouth when he coughs and sneezes.

I was well enough to finish a series of drawings on canvas for my son's class. The class made self-portraits and some of the more involved parents came up with an idea for the upcoming school auction to turn the self-portraits into "something like Andy Warhol would do". I believe they were talking about something like this:

I tried to explain that there was probably a better way to go about it (aka silkscreen or any other printmaking method) than what they asked for, but they really wanted me to redraw the kids' self-portraits because I am "an artist". So that first picture is what I did while I was sick, at least on the nights that I didn't fall asleep at 7:00pm. Eventually the kids in the class will rally and apply color to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment