Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cyborg Kitty Needs Hot Sauce


I think cats are ideal cybernetic soldiers. When the robot uprising happens next year, they will be the perfect bridge between technology and biology, possibly even fighting on the side of the humans. I will probably never paint this cyborg kitty or any of the doodles like it, but I always enjoy adding extra parts to drawings of people or animals. This is not exclusive to robot parts - one of my other favorite things to draw is a fusion of plants and people. For a while everyone I drew had flowers or leaves growing out of them and half the time was bound to the ground by a root system.


I didn't have time to get too far on it, but I worked on my cake zombie a little bit more the other night. I'm especially interested right now in getting sharp lines and contrast using only watercolor paint instead of partially relying on my acrylic inks for definition. The two zombies below are a pretty good example of what that looks like, but I think that I can still do more with the paint.

I plan to still apply ink to a lot of my paintings, but I want to give myself the option not to if it fits the painting. In addition to liking the way the ink looks most of the time, I absolutely love the process of applying it and corralling the paint like a reverse coloring book. More and more though there are times when I want to let the paint roam like free-range watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment