Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tiny Bubbles


I've gotten in the habit of including song lyrics with these art posts, not as a way to avoid actually writing something substantial, but because my mind does jump to song lyrics quite a bit. I know pieces of the lyrics to loads of songs, but right around zero complete songs. In this case the small globes floating in the background of this painting which might be planets but which might also be bubbles brought me to Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles":



So here's to the golden moon
And here's to the silver sea
And mostly here's a toast
To you and me



I've been trying to recall the name of the artist who painted ominous floating spheres to tie into this as well, but as much as I love the paintings of oppressive and heavy-feeling objects hovering over landscapes I can't remember his name at all. It's possible that I'm fabricating an entirely new artist from false memories of paintings like the one by René Magritte pictured above.

Instead, here is a little more work on a kiwi bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment