Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Best Part Of The Crow

THAT BEARD NEEDS SOME HAIRS.

I worked on this old painting a little bit last night, giving some definition to the wrinkles in the face. I'd like to do a little more of that, wash out the eyes a bit, and give some texture to the beard. My goal is to make the whole thing much softer than the source material. I'm not terribly motivated though, and in painting the facial wrinkles I was drawn back to just wanting to draw an overly-wrinkled monster since the wrinkles were the fun part.

I've always wanted to do a series of photographs of well-wrinkled people, smiling and washed out in the harsh but ambient light of a mall so their faces are defined primarily by the joyous wrinkles around their eyes and mouths. Now I'm thinking I might want to do a companion series of paintings.

For earlier steps in the progress of this painting, check out this link:
http://spiralsinlove.blogspot.com/2011/03/station-agent.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment