Friday, September 30, 2011

Because Life Needs More Monsters

A friend sent me a link to some of Ben Heine's work (See one below and more here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.394490703615.169415.45292293615) and I couldn't wait to try it myself once I saw it.


It's difficult enough to match up drawing, paper, and real life, but it turns out it's even harder to work a camera into that mix and have everything line up. It was still a fun exercise, and despite getting really frustrated by the end I think I would like to try it again. I also need to find out if Heine cheats and just adds the hand holding the paper in Photoshop later, because that would be WAY easier.

Drawing water and being around water and listening to nothing but The Talking Heads for the last few days made me focus on Talking Heads' "Once In A Lifetime" which is about the meaning of life, so I'm including it here. I was going to complain about the linked video for Men Without Hats' "Safety Dance" having twice as many views and being about little more than moshing, then I watched it and smiled the whole time.



No comments:

Post a Comment