Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space


The original text on the image above was "Celebrate life, with ketchup!", but I thought that was too obscure even for me. I've been sick (again) and on spring break so I haven't been painting much. That's my excuse, but the real reason is that after any event where I show my art (in this case the Happy Delusions show opening) I get discouraged that people didn't fawn all over my art and hand me bundles of cash.

I'm not in this art thing for the money. If I was, I would have stopped a long time ago. I have to draw, paint, write...get it all out whether I'm getting paid for it or not. But since I'm making it anyway I'm treating it like a business and no one wants to see their business fail. Unless they're committing some kind of insurance fraud or other scam. I'm not doing that either, no matter how fun it sounds.



So I'm getting back into my painting routine tonight. In the meantime, I scanned and uploaded a couple more finished paintings. I loved my sketch for the Moonface painting but I'm not thrilled with the end result. Head Like A Heart, on the other hand, is one of my favorites in a long time. The original is not available for sale because my daughter claimed it as HERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment