Friday, May 20, 2011

Tiny Teeth And Heart Balloons

Thank you to everyone who turned out for yesterday's Columbia City art walk! Don't tell the other art walks because they'll get jealous, but I think Columbia City's is my new favorite. I think it has the potential to turn into a truly celebratory monthly festival and I definitely recommend turning out for next month's (June 16) and then going to the Mountain Goats show afterward (http://www.showboxonline.com/market/eventdetail.php?id=31805). And also buying an extra ticket for me. Thanks!


These are some doodles I did during the slow times yesterday. The first one was pretty much entirely for my daughter. The others revisit some things I was obsessed with a few years ago - tiny teeth (above) and Felix the Cat-influenced eyes (below). Both of these were more something to occupy my fidgety hands than an attempt at anything substantial, but somewhere in the world is a table with a row of sweaty and uncomfortable creatures similar to the one below dancing and eating.


If you find yourself in the south Seattle area or are into poetry events (or whatever it is you call them), I still have some original pieces hanging at SPLAB for the next few weeks.

http://splab.org/?page_id=7

No comments:

Post a Comment