Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Watch Care Bears So You Don't Have To

I was watching a Care Bears movie with my sick daughter today and was really taken by the first 20 minutes or so since it seemed like something I would write. The idea was that everything in the floating cloud city of Careington (or whatever the heck it's called) was going well and everyone was happy and content. Funshine, the Supreme Leader of the Care Bears whose tummy power seems to be WHATEVER HE WANTS, ends up in a horrible funk because no one needs his help. Here is the Überbär in a world of already exceptional bears and the only thing that makes him happy is when other people are suffering. Without someone to depend on him, he loses his whole identity. Of course, in the end everyone finds a way to fail so that his furry little life can have a purpose again.


The movie ends with an extended sequence where the Care Bears talk about harvesting something called "rainbow butts". I asked my daughter what they were talking about and she looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "DAD, they are butts that are colored rainbow."

Also, for some reason the green bear in the movie doesn't have anything on its tummy. I told my daughter it must have caught a disease. That's what she gets for making me feel dumb for not knowing about rainbow butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment