Sunday, March 6, 2011

Troubleshooting

The other night, I spent over an hour trying to get ink to come out of my pen nib. I tried three different pens, bending the nibs, tilting the ink...I was getting a little frustrated. I finally gave up in frustration after almost destroying a painting with scratchy, desperate lines. Then on a whim I tried a different kind of ink. A kind that was in a full container. A container full enough to actually get enough ink on the pen for it to work. Which it did. Just fine.  I wish I could say I had learned something, but the sad fact is that I've learned this lesson once every few months for the last 15 years.

This painting doesn't even have any ink on it, but it does have a lot of fun zig-zaggy lines that I really enjoyed painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment